Sunday, February 1, 2009

Entry Fifteen: Girl, We're Two Waves with the Same Frequency, so Let's Vibrate Through Some Matter Together

This weekend, I did basically nothing. I did not watch BJ Penn lose to GSP, but I was sad that he lost. I did practice my bass, an exercise that has a lot to do with waves. When I play the strings with my bow, I am actually rubbing them until they vibrate. This is not an obscene activity, but in fact, one that generates compressions and . . . . I forgot what the other thing was, we never really talked about it in class. Anyways, it generates these two things in the air, which is a longitudinal wave known as a sound wave. The different notes are formed by waves of different frequencies, and the greater the amplitude of the wave, the louder the note is. All of the notes have the same velocity, which is about 334 m/s, or the speeeeeeeed of sooooouuuund.

. . . just kidding, doc. rarefactions.



I play bass, as my grandfather watches on . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home