Monday, September 29, 2008

Entry Three: Frictitiosity

Hmm . . . I believe that it is time for another installment of Vladimir's Physics Blog. Let's rock!

Do you know about friction? According to Wikipedia, which is never wrong, it is "the force of two surfaces in contact, or the force of a medium acting on a moving object." That is nifty. I considered this as I drove to my Youth Symphony practice this afternoon. When the wheel of my mom's car begins to turn, it exerts a force on the ground that pushes backwards. Newton said that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, and so the ground pushes back against the tire. This is the friction that helps move the car forwards. Once again, Doctor Inoyue, and Sir Isaac Newton, was proven correct.

Also, they discovered a new Mersenne prime-it's 2^43,112,609-1. Ballin.


Just me cruising. Chee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home